Sea of life
With stunning cinematography, SEA OF LIFE is an inspiring film encouraging everyone to unite in an effort to preserve our oceans on a global scale. Young filmmaker Julia Barnes embarks on a journey around the world to raise awareness of the ecosystems we are losing, as we come closer to causing a mass extinction in the oceans. Sea of Life leads audiences through the beautiful world of coral reefs into the heart of the environmental movement, meeting passionate scientists, activists and explorers who reveal an enormous opportunity to rise up and become the heroes the world needs.
- Best Documentary at Forest city Film Festival
- Most Revealing Film at Cinema Verde
- Best Documentary at AM Film Festival
- Best Film in the Ontario 150 Film Challenge at Water Docs
- Audience Choice at Earth Talks Film Festival
- Best First Film at Cayfilm
- Award of Merit at Impact Docs Awards
- Prize for Global Applicability at Ekotopfilm Fesival
- Best Feature Film at Environmental Film Festival Albania
- Best Documentary at West Side Mountains Doc Fest
Rob Stewart's documentary REVOLUTION opened my eyes to what's happening in the ocean and inspired me to take action. One week after watching his film, I bought a camera, signed up for a scuba diving course, abandoned every plan I'd had for my life and set out on what would become a 3 year adventure to make this documentary. I wanted to show people how important the ocean is and how much trouble it's in so they would want to fight for it.
Why we selected this film
The superb images in this film clearly lay out all the problems linked to global warming. This very young director presents us with a documentary with great maturity, to help us better understand what's at stake, the solutions as well as the urgent need to take action. Having been inspired by Rob Stewart – film director who passed away in 2017 – this young woman is without a doubt ready to pursue his fight…